Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hi Everyone,
From now on I will post your weekly assignments on this blog. So you need to check it everyday. I also expect you to make comments about the assignments or work on the website. These will be weekly participation grades. Now that you all know how to comment,I don't want to see comments that just take up space and are borderline appropriate. I need to see writing that reflects the fact that all of you are in upper level classes at the high school (11th and 12th).

Follow this checklist to make sure all this is complete in time for the progress reports next week (Jan. 30):

• Publish picture (or image) to identify you on the blog
• Complete you Introduction or Homepage, including a picture of you on your website
• Have a photo that will be the basis of your self portrait page, you will work with this photo in a variety of mediums, including technology
• Have a separate page completed on your website with at least 10 pictures of 2 dimensional work (from your sketchbook too)
• Respond to the following question on the blog in an intelligent and thoughtful way in at least 200 words;

What has been easy for you when creating the webpage, what has been difficult and what,in your opinion, would be a good addition to our webpage?

I encourage all of you to work on this at home AND in class. we will be doing some drawing starting Jan.30,so you will not be able to work on the computers much in class during that week. See you tomorrow, LH

16 comments:

  1. Hi Again, did you know you can click on the word" comment" and this box will appear for you to type your answer to the questions? try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having never used google sites before I figured it would be a challenging task,however,I found it all to be rather easy. A lot of messing around and searching and everything is actually really simple. In my opinion there has been a few glitches with properly placing my pictures and a few problems with text. However, this was a good learning experience and something that will definitely come in handy in my future career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear this Tess.I know there are times when things don't work perfect, but that seems to be the way with technology. Then all of a sudden you figure it out! (or you go to a tutorial) I guess you'll have a great time with graphic or media arts in college.You've done a great job on you website. Do you have a portrait (of yourself) that you want to scale up and draw starting tomorrow? If not we'll take one. LH

      Delete
  3. It's a good way to make a website if you're like me and you don't know what you're doing, but like Tess said, there are some glitches. There isn't a whole lot of customization that can be done within the limits of the specific template you are using, so you have to either change templates or develop some kind of workaround for the problem. But screwing around with the settings will usually do something eventually..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, Kai about the customization. I think this is a good place to start, figure this format out then try others. we haven't tried wordpress yet, but I've heard that might be good. Blogs are another way to share your work and communicate. You can create one and not invite anyone to comment....or do. Do you have a portrait for tomorrow?

      Delete
  4. ^what kinda picture is that anyway????

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I have found hard about making this website is EVERYTHING. The easiest thing that I found to do is uploading the pictures and putting my Bio. But all in all I think making this website will be very useful in the future and if you plan to go to college. And I am still not done with my website, but all i need to do is put a self potrait o myself which will be done in the near future if i decide to not be lazy and actually wanna do my work. But i might will do it tomorrow or sometime next week. But right now I will be playing Tux Paint and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cody, Everything is hard until you learn how to do it :) And when you have the capacity to learn what ever you want,why not do it? It does take a little time and focus but I know you can what ever you decide you want to. Do you have a portrait for tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok everyone, would you like to share your URL with me? You don't have to make me an owner, I won't change anything. My email is sololaur@gmail.com see where you can share your website with me?
    All of you that responded just got an extra 100 pts in the grade book :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sent my site URL to your email.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I THINK STARTING THE WEBSITE AND TO GET TO THIS BLOG WAS A LITTLE HARD AND

    ReplyDelete
  10. The easiest thing so far for me has been being able to be myself and edit my profile how I like. However, as some of the other students have said before, there isn't A LOT of customization options on Google Sites. Also, the hardest part for me is actually getting started. Haha (hoping for that laptop, too). A good addition to our website that would help me a lot in the future is a clear rubric. I know we are supposed to be making up our own pages but it would be helpful to know exactly what colleges are looking for in a profile like this.

    ReplyDelete